The 5G-ENSURE Website, at http://www.5gensure.eu, ("Site") abides by the following principles when handling personal information:
- We collect a small amount of personal information about our users in order to provide them with our content, products and services;
- We limit the sharing or disclosure of this personal information to our needs or compliance with applicable legal requirements;
- We give users meaningful choices over the use of their personal information;
- We strive to protect the personal information that we hold.
This Privacy Notice describes the 5G-ENSURE policies with respect to the personal information that it collects through the Site or when it communicates with its users ("you" or "user"), and the choices that are available to its users. "Personal information" means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Your consent
Your use of the Site signifies that you agree will all terms of this Privacy Notice. If you communicate with us and provide us with personal information, we will assume that you agree that we can use it to communicate with you. If you disagree with any part of this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site or communicate with us.
This Privacy Notice applies solely to personal information that 5G-ENSURE collects through the Site or through electronic communications that you send to 5G-ENSURE as indicated on the Site. It does not apply to the websites of third parties, such as business partners, to which the Site may link. 5G-ENSURE does not endorse, and is not responsible for the content of these third party websites or their policies or practices.
If you provide any personal information to or through third party websites, your transaction will be subject to the terms and conditions and the privacy policies of these third party websites.
- What information we collect, and how we collect it
- Personal information about you -- The Site is designed to allow users to browse through it without providing any contact information. However, certain areas may require, or allow for, the submission of personal information, such as when you fill out a newsletter form or contact us. We collect the personal information that you provide when you contact us, for example, your name and contact information.
- Children -- The Site is not directed to children. 5G-ENSURE does not knowingly collect personal information from children.
- Log information -- Our server software automatically gathers general information from all users. For example: IP address, computer type, screen resolution, OS version, domain name, location, date and time of the visit, page(s) visited, time spent on a page, website from which the user came, action taken by the user when leaving our Site. Some of this information is provided directly by the user’s browser, the remainder is obtained through cookies and tracking technologies.
- How we use this information
5G-ENSURE uses personal information as follows:
- Fulfilment of requests -- We may use your personal information to deal with your inquiries and requests, register you to our events, and send you the publications or documents that you request.
- Internal business purposes -- We may use the collected information for internal business purposes, such as for audits or to track attendance at events.
- Statistical analysis -- We use aggregated data about Site usage (which do not identify a specific user), such as the number of users who have visited certain pages of the Sites, or how long users are spending on a particular page, in order to develop statistics on the use of our Site, so that we can understand how users interact with the Site, and improve our Site and the content, products or services that we provide through the Site.
- To whom we disclose personal information
- Service providers -- We may share personal information with entities that provide services to us, such as communications, database management, event planning, hosting, mailing, and marketing. These entities are required to use personal information only for the purposes for which we have engaged them.
- Law enforcement; compliance -- We may use or disclose personal information to any third party (a) if we believe that we are required to do so by law; (b) to comply with legal process or respond to requests from governmental or public authorities; (c) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of our Site or network; (d) to enforce our Terms and Conditions; or (e) to protect the rights, privacy, property, business, or safety of 5G-ENSURE, its business partners, employees, members, Site users, or the public. Unless this is prohibited by applicable law, we will let you know if a third party requests access to personal information about you.
- Your Rights
You have the right to have access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to have this information corrected, amended, or deleted as required by law. To do so, please contact us as indicated in the "How to contact 5G-ENSURE" section below. However, please be aware that in some cases, the administrative and technical burden associated with the retrieval of archived data may be substantial. We would need to be compensated for this effort in a manner that is consistent with our actual cost.
- Retention of information
We will retain personal information about a user for so long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required by law and/or regulations.
5G-ENSURE seeks to adopt commercially reasonable security measures consistent with industry practice to protect personal information under its control against loss, misuse, and alteration. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our servers, the means by which personal information is transmitted between your computer and our servers, or any personal information that we receive through or in connection with the Site.
We attempt to strike a reasonable balance between security and convenience. Emails are usually sent as unencrypted text. If misrouted or intercepted, an unencrypted email could be read easily. If there is a matter that requires high security or confidentiality, please keep us informed about the sensitivity of the information, and do not send the related information through email.
- Crossborder transfers
We may, at our discretion, store, and process personal information in countries other than your country of residence, and these countries may provide a different level of data protection than that which is provided by your country of residence. By using the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the fact that the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect through our Site may be stored and processed in countries other than the one in which you reside.
5G-ENSURE does not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations that apply to them.
We may limit access to the Site to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction that we choose, in our sole discretion.
- Inquiries and Complaints
If you have any question, comment, or complaints about this Privacy Notice, or the use, management or disclosure of personal information collected on or through our Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updates to the Privacy Notice
We update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If the changes are significant, we will post a prominent notice on this Site for a reasonable time to notify you of these changes. Unless, and until, you object in writing, by contacting us at email@example.com, all changes will apply to the existing information about you that 5G-ENSURE already holds, and the personal information collected from the effective date of the revised Privacy Notice. Your use of our Site following the effective date of any revision will constitute your acceptance of the terms of the updated Privacy Notice.
- How to contact 5G-ENSURE
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, regarding this Privacy Notice, or our privacy, security or data protection practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Site Operator and Data Controller
This Site is operated by Trust-IT Services (Ltd), one of the main contributors to the 5G-ENSURE Project.
Effective Date: February, 1st 2016