The 5G-ENSURE open consultation has been launched: Security in 5G: where we stand today and what else needs to be done?
The survey is primarily for representatives from 5G-related standardisation organisations, 5G industry (including SMEs), business verticals, policy makers and regulators, relevant industry associations and users of future communication networks.
This wide-ranging survey covers security priorities and market drivers, industry perspectives, regulation and legal aspects, research and standardisation efforts, and user views. There is also a dedicated section for respondents to post their expert views on "the way forward for 5G security".
Sample of Survey Questions
- To what extent have we identified: security requirements, security needs of vertical industries, security risks and solutions?
- Have requirements for trust between stakeholders to manage risks been clearly identified? What about security architecture?
- What will make 5G systems sufficiently secure? What security priority areas still require a lot of effort?
- What impact will 5G security-enabled innovations have? For example, on business models, economic and operational aspects.
- What influence is the 5G PPP having on security?
- From a vertical industry perspective, what do you think are the greatest security barriers for 5G adoption? What security functions do we need? What security topics most require industry collaboration?
- What areas should regulation and regulatory policy focus on with the highest priority?
- How can responsibilities and liabilities in completely new ecosystems be clarified?
- Are there any legal barriers that might hold back the deployment of 5G?
- What role is research playing in standardisation? What are the main challenges for work on security standardisation? Are we facing any major risks in the planned time line?
- How can Cybersecurity standards contribute to 5G adoption?
To complete the survey, please click on the link here.